1. What is the name of the Band / Artist? Include all band member names and instruments played. If possible, please provide pictures and/or Links to pictures that can be used in conjunction with this interview.
2. How long has the Band / Artist been together? How did you meet? How did you pick your Band / Artist name?
3. Do you have a website to promote yourself? What is its URL? Do you have any songs published? Do you have a label? Studio? Producer? Music business contacts? Where can your fans buy your music? How are your songs distributed? By a distributor? Consignment? During live performances?
4. Who are your musical influences? How would you describe the fans of your music? How would you describe your music to somebody who has never heard of your music before? What image does your music portray?
5. Who writes the songs? Who writes the music? Where does the inspiration come from? What are the songs about? What specific themes to they cover?
6. Do you have an agent? Is your Band / Artist / Stage Name copyrighted? Do you belong to any Musician’s Union? Do you have a formal signed ‘Band Agreement’? A lawyer? Are you looking for any of these?
7. Do you perform Live? How would you describe your performances? Where would one go to see you perform live? Do you have any planned Live Gigs in the future that you want to promote?
8. Has your music been played on the radio? Podcasts? TV? Have you had any exposure or other interviews? Promotional appearances? P.R. notices? Album signings?
9. Where do you see yourselves in the short term .. in the next 1-3 years? Where would you like to see yourself in the next 1-3 years?
10. Where do you see yourselves in the longer term .. in the next 4-10 years? Where would you like to see yourself in the next 4-10 years?
11. How would you define success? Personally? For the Band?
12. What are the “must” tools of the trade .. such as recording software, organizations, subscriptions, tracking software, marketing techniques, etc.
13. (Blank.. write your own question here and provide a detailed answer!)
14. What advice would you offer to someone wanting to pursue a career in music? Do you have anything or suggestions that you can offer to the readers?
15. What is your favorite song in the whole wide world and why? And, what are you listening to right now?
THANK-YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN ANSWERING THIS INTERVIEW
16. Please provide any other information, comments that you do not want to be published and will be “Off-The-Record”, and all email addresses that you would like to be notified once the interview is published
Instructions: Please download this interview and prepare the answers on the interview itself. Or, you may copy/paste the following into an email and answer it that way. In both cases .. email it back to hart (at) The-Singers (dot) com .. or use this form:
by HART (1-800-HART)
Pingbacks & Trackbacks
Additional comments powered by BackType